Acceptance and certification of dental biomaterials are often based on compliance with international standards. In addition, accredited testing and evaluation of dental materials at NIOM are based on test methods and requirements in international standards.
NIOM sees the need for relevant methods and reasonable requirement and participates in European and international standardization.
Scientists from NIOM are technical experts and conveners of working groups within the following technical committees (TC):
- ISO/TC 106 Dentistry
- ISO/TC 194 Biocompatibility and clinical evaluation of medical devices
- ISO/TC 229/WG 3 Health, Safety and Environmental Aspects of Nanotechnologies
- CEN/TC 55 Dentistry
- CEN/TC 206 Biocompatibility and clinical evaluation of medical and dental materials and devices
Standards Norway is the national member body in the European and international standardization organizations.
EXAMPLES OF STANDARDIZATION ACTIVITIES
- Quality of medical devices used in dentistry
- NIOM participated at the 52nd annual ISO/TC 106 meeting
- Standards Norway and NIOM hosedt the 52nd annual ISO / TC 106 meeting in Tromsø
- NIOM participated at ISO/TC 194 in Annapolis