Killing biofilm – mission impossible?
Welcome to our next webinar on Thursday May 24th
Bacterial communities on teeth and mucous membranes are known as biofilms and cause caries and other infectious diseases in the oral cavity. As a clinician, there are different strategies and methods to implement to minimize or manage this problem in the treatment of patients.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- Dental biofilms and their properties
- Fighting biofilms
- Antimicrobials and caries
- Date: May 24th 2018
- Time: 12.00 or 16.00 (Oslo time)
- 20 min presentation
- Live Q&A after the presentation
- From the comfort of your office/home
- View on your PC/Mac or mobile/tablet
Sign up today! We look forward to your attendance!
Click one of the buttons to the right and register for the session that fits your schedule best.
About the presenter
Microbial–material interactions and interactions with the host are the focus of my research. One project investigates how existing and novel materials may affect biofilm formation. Research on the use of antimicrobial photodynamic therapy as an alternative to conventional antibiotics for treatment of biofilm mediated infections is another area. I am participating in dental clinically oriented research with external collaborators in Norway and abroad.
Continued education units for participation in NIOM webinars!
Members of the Danish, Norwegian and Icelandic dental associations can now redeem their participation for continued education units with their respective associations!
- For Danish dentists, participation in a NIOM webinar counts for 0,5 hours CE.
- For Norwegian dentists, participation counts for 1 hour “etterutdanningspoeng.”