NIOM attended the 46th meeting of the Continental European Division of the International Association for Dental Research with the Scandinavian Division (NOF), 4–7 September 2013 in Florence, Italy. Congress website.
At the conference, NIOM presented the following:
- “Cell toxicity of HEMA – the role of oxidative stress” by Else Morisbak. Abstract.
- “Combined effects of 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate and nicotine in THP-1 cells” by Jan Tore Samuelsen. Abstract.
- “Effect of surface treatments and adhesives on composite repair strength” by Jon E. Dahl. Abstract.
- “Filler-Induced Cytokine Release are Inhibited by Methacrylate Monomers” by Vibeke Ansteinsson. Abstract.
NIOM sponsored symposium.
The title of the symposium is “Toxicity of constituents released from resin-based composites”.
Invited speakers are:
- Dr Kirsten L. van Landuyt, Department of Oral Health Sciences, KU Leuven (Biological effect of filler particles)
- Professor Gottfried Schmalz, University of Regensburg (Patient reactions to resin-based fillings)
- Dr Jan Tore Samuelsen, NIOM (Biological effect of monomers).